Quote the people:

"We all want to be understood." -Gray Evasion

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A letter from my heart

Dear Reader,

Let me start by saying that each and every time you look at this blog, or you leave a comment, I feel as high as a kite. I don't mean that to be weird, but it's true. Every time someone looks at this blog I get an overwhelming sensation of excitement and concern. What if you don't like what my brain said, what if you don't like the way my bones formed the words, what if  you don't like the way I feel, what if, what if, what if...  I don't mean to say that I worry a lot, but I really do. I worry about the starving dogs on the streets and the abused children in fancy houses. I don't know if that makes me a worrier, or if I just care. Maybe I care too much. Maybe I don't care enough about the things that actually matter. But I know I care.
I care about creative writing and the fact that Nelson helped me to  become obsessed with words and meaning.
I care about the way that words fall from people's mouths, especially when they say them with conviction and power.
I care about bloggers that I've never met, I've fallen in love with people I'm not sure I know.
I care and care and care. Because that's what I do. I'm the most vital organ. The one that keeps this whole system moving. Sometimes the writer, the outside appearance gets all the praise, but really everything comes from me. Each word that is written. It comes from me.
So I say this from me, the heart, that I hope you enjoy life. I hope you fulfill the tasks you were too afraid to do yesterday. I hope you see things you call art each day. I hope you can look at a bad situation and find the good. I hope you never give up- and I really mean that- I hope you find determination inside of you and continue on in whatever you do- writing, a sport, life. I hope you take risks, the ones that the only thing on the line is if you'll get embarrassed or not- because even if you sing in front of a crowd or kiss a stranger, you'll still have your dignity. I hope you find love- someone who cares about you as much as you care about them. I hope you become the person you want to become. I hope you find joy everyday. I hope you live for as long as you'd like. Really, I just hope you appreciate life, that you know what you have before it's gone. Like this class. Not all of us get to go on and continue writing with Nelson. So enjoy it now.
That's pretty much it. Have a nice life.

Love, the heart of Rosie Grace


4 comments:

  1. "Every time someone looks at this blog I get an overwhelming sensation of excitement and concern." me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read. Your heart sounds like a smart guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I care about the way that words fall from people's mouths. I care about bloggers that I've never met, I've fallen in love with people I'm not sure I know." This pinpoints exactly how I feel! Great Job! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I've fallen in love with people I'm not sure I know."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete