Quote the people:

"We all want to be understood." -Gray Evasion

Sunday, March 9, 2014

i'm afraid

i'm afraid of spiders- one of them might lay eggs in my ear.
i'm afraid of heights- they're beautiful and all, but i could fall.
i'm afraid of shots- they puncture my skin, and it hurts.
i'm afraid of snakes- scales make my skin crawl.
i'm afraid of earthquakes- my 6th grade science teacher told me California is going down.
i'm afraid of the way my mom wrinkles her eyebrows- that means she's mad.
i'm afraid of skiing- last time i went i flew down the mountain and a snowboarder had to stop me.
i'm afraid of contention- i'll be the one who walks away unhappy.
i'm afraid of being unnoticed- what's the point if i walk around and no one knows?
i'm afraid of being noticed- i don't want to be the center of attention.
i'm afraid of dying alone- i don't have great luck with boys.

i'm afraid of being too small and insignificant.
i'm afraid of going to hell.
i'm afraid of being judged.
i'm afraid of being mocked.
i'm afraid of being hated.
i'm afraid of God.
i'm afraid of many things.

One thing I'm not afraid of is the girl from Pleasant Grove who tried to fight me Saturday.
I coulda easily taken her. She just had to take the first punch.

i'm afraid of taking the first punch.

2 comments:

  1. Haaa. Yes. Screw that girl from PG. I got your back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thank you Nelson! Means a lot that you have my back!

      Delete