Quote the people:

"We all want to be understood." -Gray Evasion

Friday, March 14, 2014

Here's to those girls

Girls. There's the girls who express their emotions all over social media, making sure that everyone knows, "I just need someone to talk to." The girls who create so much drama, and then say they hate it and "being with boys is so much easier!" The girls who are so shy, that you'd never know that they were dealing with anything, but they post all about their fan-girling show. The girls who are so loud and act confident who post selfies everyday to boost others self-esteems, but are really just attention whores. There's the girls who hate everyone and everything, and why can't people let them live independently. There's the girls who are insensitive and so close to being a guy, you question their sexuality. The girls who constantly " OMG, my BFF is the greatest! So glad I have him! #justfriends". The girls that everyone know because they make-out with anything of the opposite gender. The girls who are known as "popular", the ones who are so pretty, but mean. The girls who are known as "popular", because they are on STUCO, and everyone knows them. The girls that are so smart and so pretty that they are nerdy boys landmine.  The girls who wear lots of black, do drugs, and hang with shady men who are in their twenties. The girls who drop out of high school to be a teen mom (yes even in Utah we have them). The girls who are really shy, but could be a model if they gained self confidence. And the girls who are just there, you know, who are in limbo, who know a lot of people, but would never claim any as Best friends.
There are so many types of people. I did just girls, because I feel that we are the worst of them all. Even though there are so many differences in all of us, we still have so many similarities. We want to be told we are good enough. We are our worst critics. We judge and judge and judge, but mostly ourselves to others. We all want to have a purpose to our lives. We want something to keep us busy, a job, a boyfriend, a good TV show on Netflix, we all need our busy purpose.
We all are affected by what's around us. It's a crazy world out there, and no matter how much you want to say that "media doesn't effect me" "her words didn't wound me" "his stare didn't blaze me"
It did.
So here's to those girls. Who are living. Who are on earth conquering each and every day, as it comes around. We are all in the same. We just need to be told, you're doing a lovely job.


4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts Ive read. That last entire paragraph had so much truth to it,
    Youre one of those people that just get it.
    "We want to be told we are good enough. We are our worst critics. We judge and judge and judge, but mostly ourselves to others. We all want to have a purpose to our lives. We want something to keep us busy, a job, a boyfriend, a good TV show on Netflix, we all need our busy purpose."
    I literally want to hang this up on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peyton! Truly means a lot that you feel that way! Just had that in my drafts and thought I'd post it!

      Delete
  2. Whoa. Yeah. I liked this a lot. Positive message by the end. We're all guilty of a lot of this stuff. And I can just say this as a father: I'm more worried about my daughter than I am about my two sons.

    ReplyDelete